| To sign up for programs/services: 610-664-2366
- Please note that New Horizons will be closed on Friday, April 3rd for Good Friday and the beginning of Passover.
- StoryShare, Mondays in April at 12:30 PM. Storytelling is among the oldest traditions and is a wonderful way to learn more about your peers and about yourself. In this program, participants will co-create stories with the group and share their own. Everyone has a story to tell - share your stories - true, fuction, or a combination of both!
- Nutrition Class: Healthy Kitchens = Healthy Lives, Mondays at 9:15am.This FREE spring Nutrition course will take a look at choices to make in your own kitchen to begin and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- History Lecture: "The Last Campaign" with local historian Robert Bond, Fri April 10 at 12:30.
This presentation commemorates the 150th Anniversary of the end of the Civil War and covers the last few months of the conflict and culminates in the surrender at Appomattox.
- Healthy Tuesday Talk: Health Literacy Game, Tues April 14 at 12:45. Leslie Burrell from Gateway Health will turn tips and keywords about healthcare and turn it into a game. What better way to learn the ins and outs of your health than with prizes and healthy snacks!?
- Current Events Discussion; Thurs, April 9 at 9:30am. Matthew Pyzak from the office of State Sen. Daylin Leach, leads this informal monthly discussion of politics and current events. Coffee and donuts served. Free program.
- FREE Income Tax Preperation. Thursdays Feb - April, By appointment. New Horizons and CADCOM are proud to once again offer this vital free service to eligible seniors. Please call or stop by New Horizons to take the eligibility survey and make your private appointment.
- Ask the Physical Therapist: Hand Therapy; Wednesday April 15 at 12:45. Klaudia Czaplinska, hand therapist from NovaCare Rehabilitation, offers tips for making everyday tasks easier on the hands, and how to find the cause of your hand pain. Handouts provided.
- Book Club: The Rose of Sebastopol" by Katharine McMahon, Thurs, April 23 at 10am. Group led by retired Narberth librarian, Chris Jackson.
- Massage Therapy, Weds. April 22 at 12:30PM. Learn about and try massage with Chrissy Winner, massage therapist.
- New Horizons Member Feedback and Brainstorm Session, Fri. April 24 at 12:30PM. Learn about the New Horizons Members Council and how you can have your voice heard here at the Center. Refreshments served!
- Meditation Workshop, Weds. April 29 at 12:30 PM. Decrease Stress and access the healing power within. Led by Joanna Carmichael, founder of Narberth's Kalyana Center.
For a detailed listing of April's
programs, click "View the Calendar" on
the left hand side of the page.