| To sign up for programs/services: 610-664-2366
- Winter Weather Advisory: Please note that in case of inclement weather or poor travel conditions, New Horizons will close for your safety. Our status will always be available on the website and on our voicemail so please check before coming out!
- StoryShare, Mondays Feb. 2, 16 and 23 at 12:30 PM. Storytelling is among the oldest traditions and is a wonderful way to learn more about your peers and about yourself. In this program, participants will co-create stories with the group and share their own. Everyone has a story to tell - share your stories - true, fuction, or a combination of both!
- Narberth RoadShow, Tues. Feb 3 at 12:45. New Horizons and Friends of Narberth History invite local seniors to bring in their Narberth Borough related artifacts for a "Show and Tell".
- Art Therapy: Nurture Your Heart at New Horizons, Weds Feb. 4th at 12:30 PM.
John Muraco, Art Therapist and Wellness Counselor, will teach participants to integrate creative expression into self-care. Learn the benefits of Rose Tea and create a decoupage heart container to take home. Free program.
- Valentine's Jewelry-Making, Fri Feb. 6 at 12:30.
Create your own beaded jewelry with Valentine's themed beads. Keep for yourself or give as a gift to your special someone! Led by Rachel Hykel, owner of Lily Jewelry. $5 material fee + $2 class fee.
- Healthy Tuesday Talk: Going Beyond Medicine, Tues Feb 10 at 12:45. Leslie Burrell from Gateway Health will take a look at what factors impact and improve your health, other than medicine. Complimentary refreshments provided.
- Cold Weather Survival Workshop, Weds Feb 11 at 12:45 PM.
Physical Therapists from NovaCare Rehabilitation lead this Free program. Being cold takes the fun out of the Winter months - learn tips and strategies for keeping warm such as how to dress for warmth, how to stay active indoors, and more! Complimentary refreshments served. Free Program.
- Current Events Discussion; Thurs, Feb 12 at 9:30am. Matthew Pyzak from the office of State Sen. Daylin Leach, leads this informal monthly discussion of politics and current events. Coffee and donuts served. Free program.
- FREE Income Tax Preperation. Thursdays Feb - April, By appointment. New Horizons and CADCOM are proud to once again offer this vital free service to eligible seniors. Please call or stop by New Horizons to take the eligibility survey and make your private appointment.
- Author Series: Jim Remsen, "Visions of Teaoga", Weds Feb 18 at 12:45pm. Jim Remsen, local author and award-winning Inquirer journalist, discusses his historical fiction account of the Munsee Delaware Indian culture. Free program.
- Book Club: Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck, Thurs, Feb 19 at 10am. Meet and discuss this travelogue written by famed American writer John Steinbeck. Group led by retired Narberth librarian, Chris Jackson.
- Taking Care of Yourself and Others Workshop, Fri Feb. 20, at 12:30 PM. If caretakers don't take care of themselves, they limit their ability to take care of others. In this workshop, participants will expore ways to address the physical, mental and emotional needs of themselves as well as those they care for.
- Ask the Dr. Workshop: Foot and Ankle health with Dr. Maggie Solimeo. Tues. Feb 24 at 12:45PM. Look at common pain issues in feet and ankles as well as diseases associated with foot problems such as diabetes, gout, and arthritis. Learn about foot and ankle care and ask any questions you have.
- Residential Choices As You Age Workshop. Weds Feb. 25 at 12:45PM. Where you live is important to your health and happiness. Changing needs and desires make it important to consider and plan for those changes in your home, transportation, and support services. Explore these changes and start imagining your future self.
- 6 Dimensions of Wellness with Rachel Hykel. Fri, Feb 27 at 12:30PM. Rachel Hykel, Wellness Specialist and Masters in Public Health Candidate, leads this workshop which explores the 6 Dimensions of Wellness: Physical, Mental, Emotional, Social, Occupational, Intellectual, and Spiritual. Learn about each dimension, their inter-conectiveness, and how to develop each dimension.
For a detailed listing of February's
programs, click "View the Calendar" on
the left hand side of the page.